Industry Trends at the Natural Products Expo West 2013
Natural Products Expo West is the world’s largest and premier tradeshow for the natural, organic and healthy products industry. Since 1981, Natural Products Expo West has been the leading independent voice and industry event. In 2012, Natural Products Expo West hosted over 60,000 industry members and over 3,000 exhibits showcasing products in the categories of natural and specialty foods, organic, supplements, health and beauty, natural living and pet products. Nowhere else can you get your products in front of so many buyers within the natural and organic products industry.
This year, Earthsite founder Joey Shepp attended the event to meet with clients and check in on the latest trends in Natural Foods.
Earthsite clients in attendance included:
- Wallaby Yogurt (Just launched non-fat Greek Yogurt!)
- Rumiano Cheese (Organic and Non-GMO Cheese)
- WholeSoy Yogurt (Premium Vegan Yogurt Alternative)
- Emile Noel (Gourmet Seed, Nut and Olive Oils)
Trends for 2013 include:
- Non-GMO (Thanks to Whole Foods for leading where politics failed)
- Grass-Fed (Organic Valley “Grass Mlik”)
- Gluten Free (Waiting for products to move beyond just Rice flour, leader is still Udi’s, but we expect competition to heat up)
- Coconut Water (So much competition without much differentiation)
- Super Foods (Still elite and expensive)
- Probiotics (Moving beyond yogurt to beverages and snacks)
Enjoy our photos!